ABOUT SYNERGY GENERAL CONTRACTING LLC.
Synergy General Contracting LLC. has been providing general contracting services for over 6 years. The secret to our growth is our attention to detail and quality. Collectively, our team has over 100 years of experience in commercial construction and commercial project management. Ken Brown, the Qualifier and Principle, has over 20 years of experience in the construction industry in south Florida. Mr. Brown has a strong foundation in Architecture, being the son of two Architects and growing up as a draftsman. Through his design background along with his field experience he has developed a keen eye for evaluating and understanding the design process from beginning to end. Working with other prevalent Contractors in South Florida in various types of construction jobs his exposure to dynamic projects of various degrees allowed his experience to grow rapidly.
Our two Project Managers have over 50 years combined experience in the construction industry. Working on high-end build-outs and Military and other Government jobs has helped Synergy incorporate systems and procedures that allow the company to operate efficiently and effectively. Bringing their experience and expertise to our clients in order to have our projects completed on time and within budget is invaluable.
Fully licensed and insured, Synergy General Contracting LLC. only employs the most skilled and ethical laborers available to the industry, in order to ensure the job is done not only to industry specifications and code, but to YOUR highest standards as well. Synergy General Contracting takes pride in its motto of “ON TIME-ON BUDGET”.
Sticking to the budget is an integral part of our reputation. Our managers have processes in place that focus on even the smallest of details. Our goal is to exceed your expectations with a “no surprises” financial performance. We own the process and set the expectation. The Synergy General Contracting cost control program consists of several key activities:
- Detailed estimating
- Document reviews, feasibility reviews, detailed estimating and pricing internally
- Systems and value analysis
- Bid management
No one can predict every obstacle, but a well organized team knows the usual potential setbacks to any project, and it takes it all into account when quoting costs and timelines. The objective is to bring you a quality finished product with as few surprises as possible along the way.
Trust your construction needs, big or small, to a company with the resources to get the job done and the attitude to stay focused on their number one priority…..YOU.
Below are some examples of projects we have worked on:
- FIU Ballroom Buildout: General Contractor Renovation of existing 3,000 square foot space into new ballroom. Scope of work includes framing, drywall, finish, paint, doors, frames, hardware, acoustical ceilings, wallpaper, plumbing, HVAC, fire sprinklers.
- FIU Green Library: General Contractor Renovation of existing open office to create new office space in Library. Scope of work includes framing, drywall, finish, paint, doors, frames and hardware, glass storefronts, acoustical ceilings, wallpaper installation, plumbing, HVAC, fire sprinklers, fire alarm, electrical, lighting.
- FIU Labor Center Renovation: General Contractor Renovation of existing offices. Scope of work includes framing, drywall, finish, paint, doors, frames and hardware, acoustical ceilings, new kitchen millwork, plumbing, HVAC, fire sprinklers, fire alarm, electrical, lighting.
- FIU Dr. Moon Lab: General Contractor Renovation of existing lab to install new lab equipment and necessary infrastructure including electrical, fire, sprinklers, HVAC, HVAC controls, plumbing, air, medical gas, vacuum, water.
- Village of Merrick Park Management Office Renovation: General Contractor Renovation of white box space into new retail management office. Framing, drywall, finish, doors, frames, hardware, acoustical ceilings, new kitchen millwork, plumbing, HVAC, fire sprinklers, fire alarm, electrical, lighting.
- Resort World Miami – Crystal Cruise Lines Sales Office Renovation: General Contractor Renovation of white box space into new retail sales office. Framing, drywall, finish, paint, doors, frames, hardware, acoustical ceilings, new kitchen millwork, glass storefronts, plumbing, HVAC, fire sprinklers, fire alarm, electrical, lighting.
- University of Miami Stanford Building Common Area Ceiling Replacement: General Contractor Renovation of existing common areas including electrical ceiling grid system, lighting, and HVAC grilles.
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Global Offices: General Contractor Renovation of existing offices within hospital. Framing, drywall, finish, paint, doors, frames, hardware, acoustical ceilings, new kitchen millwork, plumbing, HVAC, fire sprinklers, fire alarm, electrical, lighting.
- UM Hospital Miami – 1st Floor Common Area Renovation: General Contractor Renovation of existing common area interior finishes within hospital. Scope of work includes demolition, framing, drywall, finish, paint, flooring, Acrovyn wall paneling.
Ken Brown, Principle
Over the past 20 years, Ken has personally managed over 100 construction projects throughout South Florida. This vast experience in all types of residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, and educational facilities construction has provided him an invaluable education and an expertise on how to build projects from the ground up, while maintaining project budgets and demanding schedules. Ken specializes in interior commercial build-outs, design/build project delivery, construction administration and owner representation, cost analysis, business management and administration. He is a licensed General Contractor and owner of Synergy General Contracting. Ken holds a Bachelor in Business Management from Nova Southeastern University.
Victor Seijas, Project Manager and Estimator
Victor has worked in the construction industry for over 30 years and is a third generation member of a Miami construction family. He has deep experiencing estimating and managing all types of residential and commercial construction projects. Victor is a Certified General Contractor who specializes in interior commercial build-outs, design/build project delivery, construction administration and owner representation, cost analysis, value engineering and estimating, business management and administration, and cost control quantity estimates. Victor holds a Bachelor in Construction Management from Bedford University.
General Contracting Quality Assurance
Our General Contracting Quality Assurance Program is predicated on an integrated management approach. We rely on each team member to fully follow our established general contracting protocols which provide a systematic approach to each project that promotes quality control. Synergy General Contracting’s Quality Assurance Program was developed to assure customer satisfaction by providing the highest level of quality and service, to exceed our own and our clients’ expectations for all projects we undertake, and to maintain the best reputation in the industry by setting parameters and holding accountable all people involved with our projects through communication, a series of policies and procedures, and checks and balances. Synergy has developed very strict protocol to maintain quality control at all levels and at every stage of a project. From the time that plans are received in our office through punch-out and warranty, procedures and monitoring are in place to assure performance and customer satisfaction. Our success has in large part to do with the dedication and qualities our team members possess; that desire to reach above and beyond; to strive for excellence and support each other. At Synergy General Contracting LLC. we firmly believe that the success of a project depends on:
- Open Communication & Pre-Planning: Our company culture of commitment to quality and service, the importance we place on partnering with our clients, architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors, and the commitment of not only of the project team, but of our general contracting company as a whole is the secret to our success.
- Team Approach: We believe that success is a comprehensive team effort, with communication being the critical element in the success of any project.By establishing open lines of communication, vision, goals, timing and budgetary requirements from a project’s conception, so that all parties are on the same page, and each discipline understands their individual responsibilities to the project, we establish an environment that fosters understanding, cooperation and mutual success.
- Involvement of All Parties: From the conceptual design stage, all parties provide cost estimates that align with the design concept, selection and identification of long lead items that will impact the construction schedule. In so doing we can save time, money, and aggravation for all involved.By making decisions in accordance with the budget and schedule requirements during the design phase, and by simultaneously executing design and construction, we can eliminate costly assumptions and delays, allowing our clients to open their stores sooner and start selling faster.
- Weekly Meetings: By meeting weekly throughout the construction process we can assist our clients in reducing costs, ensuring the desired schedule, increasing efficiency and streamlining documentation, thus resulting in a smooth and successful construction project.
- Comprehensive Turnover Meeting: When the project is turned over from the estimating department to the internal project team, a comprehensive meeting is held involving every department at Synergy; Project Managers, Project Engineers, Accounting, and Field Superintendent, thus ensuring that all pieces of information are communicated, internal systems determined, and project goals disseminated.